[Community-service] NCCC’s Maple 6 serves the blind and visually impaired with the Muskegon Lions - Et+cetera - Vinton Today, A News Cooperative :: Vinton Iowa

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:34:43 UTC 2016

Hi,
 Great thoughts.

 Because the article does not mention specific disabilities besides blindness,  I wouldn’t assume that these campers live with another disability in addition to blindness.   Even if  if this is the case, to potentially assume that the existence of a certain disability automatically calls for a particular type of treatment is as fair as if someone assumed the same for a blind person  who didn’t have another disability to think about.

 Erica, you have a  great   thought in your suggestion in being in touch with the Lions Group.
 Often we come  full with ideas, but have not given ourselves the benefit of having educating ourselves to the ideas and goals of a group.   I know this is something that I have been guilty of.
 Maybe it would be a good idea to reach out to the lions group and to see just what they are  doing. After doing this, maybe  you could find out if they think it might be worth acting upon your suggestion.
 would you please let us know what you find out?
   Thanks!
   Darian