[Community-service] 2016 NFB Community Service Division Elections (Revised)

Darian Smith president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Mon Jun 20 15:52:00 UTC 2016

Good Morning,

> On  Friday, I sent out a note letting everyone know that there will be  officer elections for our community service division..
  Please take note of the below announcement, which has been revised for clarity.
> .
    A very important part of  this meeting will be the election of the board of directors of the Community Service Division.

>  These elections  are open to any “active" member of the division who is present at the time of elections..  In order to be considered an “active” member of the division, all that is required is the payment of membership dues (currently $5.
 After  dues are  collected, the “active” member can run for elected office and vote for any candidate for elected office.

>   .
>  The offices up for election this year are as follows:
>  President,  currently held by Darian Smith
> Vice President,  currently being  held by Chris Parsons
> Secretary, currently being held by  Hindley Williams
> Treasurer, currently being held by  Corina Salinas
> Board member, currently being held by Jonathan Franks
> Board Member , currently being held by Mary Church
> Board member, currently being held by Juan Munoz
>
>  What all is involved in serving on the board?
>   a commitment to attend one teleconference board meeting a month.
> A willingness to chair a committee (e.g. membership, fundraising, etc) or heading up a major project (e.g.  convention service project, trivia night, etc)
> needs to be accessible to members of the division and fellow board members and responsive via email, text,phone or some combination of these.  (basically, you need to be willing to work)
>
>   Believes in community service, it’s impact on the individual and community.
>  Believes in blind people and has a desire to use service as a way to build up  our blind brothers and sisters and to support the mission of the NFB and fellow federationists.
>
>  If  you are interested in running  ,  I really want to hear from you! Feel free to contact me regarding your interest in running for a board position.
>  My contact  information is  included in my signature below.
>   Thank you for reading.
>  Let’s Get Involved!
> , Let’s Go Build  The Federation!
>   Darian

Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org

Twitter: @NFBCSDivision, at goldengateace

Facebook: search for “National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

blindness is not what holds you back.
 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama
 Help drive change for the blind .
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> or call 1-855-659-9314
“