[Community-service] {Disarmed} Fwd: You're Invited! Webinar - Why Youth with Disabilities Should Engage in AmeriCorps

Darian Smith president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Thu May 26 15:51:38 UTC 2016

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: "Corporation for National & Community Service" <cncs at delivery.nationalservice.gov <mailto:cncs at delivery.nationalservice.gov>>
> Subject: You're Invited! Webinar - Why Youth with Disabilities Should Engage in AmeriCorps
> Date: May 26, 2016 at 8:22:24 AM PDT
> To: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>
>
> Join us for this webinar: Connecting Inclusive Service and Volunteerism
>  <>
> Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page <http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTYwNTI2LjU5NTIwNTgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE2MDUyNi41OTUyMDU4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MDYxMDk0JmVtYWlsaWQ9cHJlc2lkZW50QG5mYmNvbW11bml0eXNlcnZpY2Uub3JnJnVzZXJpZD1wcmVzaWRlbnRAbmZiY29tbXVuaXR5c2VydmljZS5vcmcmZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&100&&&https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USCNCS/bulletins/14ba32f>.
>
>  <x-msg://10/www.nationalservice.gov>
> You're Invited!
> Connecting to Inclusive Service and Volunteerism:
> Why Youth with Disabilities Should Engage in AmeriCorps
> Thursday, June 9, 2016
> 2:00 – 3:00pm (Eastern)
>
>  <http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTYwNTI2LjU5NTIwNTgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE2MDUyNi41OTUyMDU4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MDYxMDk0JmVtYWlsaWQ9cHJlc2lkZW50QG5mYmNvbW11bml0eXNlcnZpY2Uub3JnJnVzZXJpZD1wcmVzaWRlbnRAbmZiY29tbXVuaXR5c2VydmljZS5vcmcmZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&101&&&https://iel.adobeconnect.com/inclusive-service/event/event_info.html>
>
> Inclusive service learning and volunteer opportunities are valuable work-based learning experiences. These experiences can play a critical role in helping young people with disabilities transition to employment. Unfortunately, youth with disabilities may face challenges in accessing service-learning opportunities and moving on to full-time employment. For youth service professionals and other adults who work with youth with disabilities, this webinar will provide an overview of the benefits of volunteering, detail national service programs for youth with disabilities to choose from, and feature the experiences of a service alum with a disability.

> [...]
Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org <http://www.nfbcommunityservice.org/>

Twitter: @NFBCSDivision, at goldengateace

Facebook: search for “National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

blindness is not what holds you back.
 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama
 Help drive change for the blind .
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> or call 1-855-659-9314
“