[Community-service] Trivia

Darian dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 02:28:20 UTC 2017

Might you have a suggestion, Cindy?
It seems to me that in pub trivia settings where cited folks run the activity, a blind person would need to partner up with a group who's scribe happens to have vision and can write
In this setting, the blind people are the ones who run the trivia event, those blind people's primary reading medium happens to be braille.
I think that there are many blind people that go to convention Who can claim the same, and enough of them exist that it probably wouldn't be too difficult to ensure that each team have a scribe who writes in braille
If a person wants to get an announcement to the president of the Federation, that person need to make sure that somehow they get their announcement in braille if they intend for it to end up in the hands of the president.
Also, there are members who come to convention who are new to blindness, braille may make The most  sense for them as a reading medium, but may not realize that this might be the case. They may not realize how versatile of a tool Braille is, and that they may not even believe that blind people can take part in such an event independently
In short, not only with braille be practical for those folks running the event, it may be inspirational for those who need the inspiration.
At the end of the last message I asked for suggestions on how we might go about doing this without braille, and I'll suggestions are welcome. Let's see how we can promote the sufficiency of this event, the enjoyment of this event, and the promotion of alternative techniques
 In short, let's see how we can live the life we want and have as much fun as possible.

Sent from my iPhone