[Community-service] 2017 Convention Service Snippets

Darian Smith, President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Mon Jul 3 19:19:15 UTC 2017

National Federation of the Blind
 Community Service Division
Convention Service Snippets
 June 2017
 Darian Smith, President
president at nfbcommunityservice.org

	Dear Federation family,
convention is fast approaching and as always,  The Community Service Division is busily preparing to be a big part of it.  I wanted to give you an update on some items of note relating to the planned activities of the Community Service Division  for National Convention.
Some of these are things where we could use your help in making things go a little more smoothly, others are things where your support would be much appreciated, and others   are things where we would just plain love to see you.
 So, without further delay here are the news, and notes relating to national Convention.
 I, along with all of our division board and leadership look forward to being with you in less than two weeks time!

The “Shining In Service” Raffle
The Community Service Division is shining in service, and you can too! For only 10 dollars, you'll have the chance to win a stunning square-shaped diamond cluster earring and double-halo ring set from Kay Jewelers. That's right - only 10 bucks for the chance to win BOTH items! If you're interested in purchasing raffle tickets, please contact raffle chairperson  Jeanetta Price at 409)344-1005 or find any member of the division at National Convention! Thank you in advance for supporting the efforts put forth by the Community Service Division!

 Jeanetta Price and Johna Wright

The Community Service Division in the Exhibit Hall
What’s convention without a trip to see all that is new, exciting and must-have in the exhibit hall?
 Well, as you are making your list of the places to go, don’t forget to include table C30, because that’s where you will find your community service division!

 We will have information about the division, all the exciting activities we are putting on, and of course you  will want to grab a couple of tickets to win that amazing diamond set you’ve been having your eye on!

Also, if you have the time, we will be looking for some folks who are outgoing, fun,and enthusiastic (you know you fit the description) to help us staff our exhibit hall table.
Please see below the following times that we will be asking for
volunteers to help out at our exhibit hall table.

July 11th:
1:00pm-3:00pm
3:00pm-5:00pm
July 12th:
1:00pm-3:00pm
3:00pm-5:00pm
July 13th:
12:00pm-1:45pm
July 14th:
12:00pm-1:45pm

Please email me <mailto:jfranks at nfbtx.org?subject=Exhibit%20Hall%20Shift%20Sign%20Up>.
If you are interested in volunteering for a shift.

Thank you in advance,

 Jonathan Franks

Looking for door prizes for the Community Service Division Meeting
The community Service Division would like YOUR help!  We know you like door prizes and have a heart for sharing.  We are collecting door prizes for the National Convention this year to give out during the seminar meeting and trivia night.  It does not have to be anything big and all gifts will be appreciated.

My name is Ronnie and I am the External Outreach Chair.  I am the door prize lady and will accept your door prizes when you get to convention.
If you will be bringing door prizes, please contact me <mailto:ronnie.bellomy at yahoo.com?subject=Door%20Prizes>.
I look forward to meeting more of you from the division and seeing you all at convention.

Warm Wishes
Miss Ronnie Bellomy

 Our  website  has you covered!

If you want to know what’s new and exciting regarding  our plans for convention, you should always keep an eye on our websites “events <http://www.nfbcommunityservice.org/events>” page.
 Huge Thanks go to Chris  Parsons and Joe Orozco for doing the behind the scenes work that makes it all go ‘round.

Social Media  at#NFB17 #ShiningInService!
Friendly on Facebook <http://www.apple.com/>? tapped in on Twitter <https://twitter.com/nfb_csd>?  Well,if you get your info from either of these, you should know that Johna Wright  the character behind the characters is the one to thank.
She also wanted to be sure that you know that the official hashtag for the division at  this year’s convention  is #ShiningInService, and that the official hashtag for all things National Convention this year is #NFB17.
 Feel free to use these hashtags whereever you may be at this year’s convention.
Thanks to Johna for being our social media coordinator. .  .   , .

 Now that you’ve gotten a sense of the stuff going on outside of our events,  it’s time to dive into all the awesomeness on tap ,

Monday, July 10:
Green Up Orlando Convention Service Project

7:45 AM -1:30 PM

The National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division is excited to tell you that we, along with Green Up Orlando <http://www.cityoforlando.net/parks/green/>, will be offering the opportunity to participate in a park beautification community service project. This service project will be a part of the various activities and events set to take place during the 77th convention of the National Federation of the Blind and will be unique in that we as blind people from across the nation will be taking an active role in beautifying a public space while demonstrating the teamwork, alternative techniques, and positive blindness philosophy that exemplify everything we are and do in the National Federation of the Blind.