[Community-service] Experiences with Disaster relief

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Tue May 9 23:46:01 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,
I am in the process of training to be involved with my local chapter of the American Red Cross as a disaster relief case worker. I recently received an email as part of the disaster relief volunteer team noting the possibility to be deployed in other cities or states. Have any of you volunteered in such a position where you were called upon for deployment during disasters or emergencies outside your local area? If so, could you share about your experiences and any adaptations you made, especially being in an unfamiliar location?
If I were to agree to deployment, I would probably begin with deployments with in my state. Prior to accepting a deployment, I would familiarize myself with the state and regional staff and volunteer team.
Thanks in advance for your feedback, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda