[Community-service] Experiences with Disaster relief

Miranda B. knownoflove at gmail.com
Wed May 10 02:10:21 UTC 2017

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for your very helpful response, and for your contact information. I will be sure to reach out to you, as I would love to hear more about your experiences. Actually, my husband and I are originally from Michigan. We moved to Virginia 3 years ago.

As my husband has his Bachelors in Business Management Information Systems with a concentration in Application Development, and is ½ of the way through his Masters in IT and Software Design and Management, could you share with me what opportunities would be available related to technology?

My local volunteer coordinator is very willing to work with me. I’m about to see how accessible the initial online trainings are within the next week or so (since I’m finished with a busy spring semester of college), but she is even willing to help me navigate these in-person if necessary. She also said that most times, volunteers go out in pairs here locally, so it would be easy for me to ride with another DAT member.

How did you navigate the paperwork that wasn’t electronically available in the field? Did they allow you to have access to blank copies in advance so you could scan them yourself?

Thanks again for sharing your experience, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda