[Community-service] Web site/blog committee

Chris Parsons christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 6 19:07:29 UTC 2017

Hi all,

My name is Chris, and I am a board member of the Community Service Division.
I also chair the committee that is responsible for maintaining the
division's Web site and blog. I am looking forward to adding tons of great
content and resources to the Web site this year. I am also looking forward
to adding even more great articles to our blog.

And I need your help to make all of this happen!

Don't know any of the techy parts of building or maintaining a Web site or
keeping a blog? No problem. There are all kinds of ways to help with this
committee, including soliciting, writing, editing, and posting blog entries
and Web site content and of course coming up with ideas for how to make the
Web site and blog even better. If you do have the tech skills and know-how,
then we'd love to have you, too.

This year, I really want this committee to focus on ways to increase the
number of blog entries we get. We want entries from all kinds of people
doing all kinds of community service projects. Maybe there's someone out
there who wants to volunteer at an animal shelter or a soup kitchen, but
doesn't know how to get started. My ultimate goal is for someone to be able
to go to the blog and see an entry about the type of project they want to do
so they can see that it can absolutely be done by a blind person. These
entries will also help to educate the public that blind people can give back
in all kinds of ways just like our sighted peers.

I want the Web site to be a place where people can go to find out about the
division, but also a place where they can find all kinds of resources about
community service projects, programs, organizations, and opportunities.

If you're interested in helping out with this committee, send me an e-mail
at christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net.

If you're not sure you want to join the committee, but you have an idea for
a blog entry or a resource for the Web site, get in contact with me and
we'll make it happen.

Thanks.

Chris Parsons

Board Member, National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division