[Community-service] Blind people Picking up Trash

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:52:56 UTC 2018

Hi Julie,
When I was 17 I went to a very small trash pickup event with my mom. We walked together and both had gloves on. She would tell me what trash was nearby, and I would pick it up and put it in my bag.
I think it would be safest to have sighted help. Depending on the size of the event, you may not necessarily need to bring in your own sighted people. Mine had one or two coordinators who oversaw it and passed out gloves and such.
Whatever you do decide to do, I think it would be a good idea to let the coordinators know so that they can help if needed.

Vejas Vasiliauskas
Secretary and Treasurer of California Association of Blind Students
Phone: 3102653949
Email: alpineimagination at gmail.com