[Community-service] 2018 National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division Agenda

Darian Smith,President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Thu Jul 5 20:12:53 UTC 2018

Empowerment through Community Service
Fourth Annual National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division Seminar

6:00 - 10:00 pm, Wekiwa 10, Level 2 (registration begins at 6:00 pm)

6:30: Call to Order and Opening Remarks

6:35: Introductions

7:00: Empowerment through Employment: A Panel Presented by the National
Federation of the Blind Employment Committee
Dick Davis, Chairperson, National Federation of the Blind Employment
Committee

7:20: Empowerment through Service and Scholarship: 2018 National Federation of the
Blind Scholarship Class

7:40: Serving with Love: Reflections from Participants in the 2018 National Federation
of the Blind Community Service Division Service Project
Jeanetta Price, Board Member, National Federation of the Blind Community
Service Division

7:50: Empowering our People, Serving our Community: Celebrating our Chapters
through Community Service

8:10: NFB Philosophy: The Power behind the Empowerment
Dr. Fredric K. Schroeder, President, World Blind Union

8:20: The Intersection of Empowerment and Community Service: Breakout Group
Discussion

8:50: Financial Report and Minutes from Last Business Meeting

9:00: Presidential Report
Darian Smith, President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service
Division

9:10: Elections

10:00: Adjournment
Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org

Twitter: @NFB_CSD

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>