[Community-service] Reflection

young swag863 goddest80 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:01:49 UTC 2019

 Greetings to all,
I wanted to take a few moments to reflect on my most recent service
project. On February 9, 2019    I had the honor and privilege to speak at
Carson Park safe home, in Houston Texas. Carson Park safe home was founded
by former NFL player Chester pets, Mr. Pitts stated that even as a young
child his mother taught him the importance of giving back and helping
others and this is something he wanted to do. Due to the overwhelming
problem in Houston Texas with sex trafficking among the young girls Chester
strive to do something to help and this terrible tragedy.  Carson Park is
one of the largest save homes for girls in Houston Texas it houses young
girls from the ages of 12 to 17 years old who have been victims of sex
trafficking, domestic violence, physical and emotional abuse, and children
who have been made wards of the state and who have been place to live in
this home for their own safety.  I was honored when I had the opportunity
to go and speak to these young girls and share my story as a young girl
growing up in the system experiencing some of the same odds that were
against me that they were facing right now, it was very life-changing to be
the instrument of hope for these young women. I was so very honored to be
able to be used as a light so shine in their lives on that day each and
every one of those young girls came up to me and hugged me afterwards MA
vows to change their life and stated that they wanted to live and they
wanted to make it and I was able  to show them back through all of the many
obstacles that I had to Indore even dealing with a being now blind and
having so many obstacles in front of me I still don’t let anything hold me
back so for them they gave them much inspiration and I was very honored to
be able to serve in that capacity. I want to give a special thank you to
Janetta price who accompanied me and shared her gift of poetry with the
young ladies they gave her her overwhelming sense of love and appreciation
for her using her gift she also was given an opportunity to share her story
which gave these young girls even more  of a greater inspiration to so
continue to strive to be the best that they can be.
I am proud to serve in my community as well as other communities sharing
that no matter what obstacles you may have to face in life there is nothing
to impossible. I take pride in being a blind woman I take even more pride
in being able to hold my head up and look in to peoples eyes and let them
see that no matter what people may think I cannot do because I walk with a
cane I take pride in showing them what I can do it’s an honor to serve .