[Community-service] Reflection

young swag863 goddest80 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:21:25 UTC 2019

 Greetings to all,
I just wanted to briefly take the time out and reflect on the community
service event I had the pleasure of doing alongside my son Jovan thrailkill
as well as Kelly Joseph. We had the honor and privilege of serving dinner
to over 60 men at the men’s shelter soup kitchen in conjunction with The
Salvation Army.
This was truly an uplifting and inspiring evening as we serve dinner we
were able to interact greet and briefly talk to each and Every one of the
man who came in to receive their meal. They complimented us on the fact
that if felt good to be served with a genuine smile and they could really
feel the love and compassion that we were giving to them and it was a
pleasure to serve.  After the meal has been served and we assisted in
cleaning up, as we were leaving every one of the men in the shelter stood
up and gave us a standing ovation and clapped as we were leaving and they
continue to thank us for taking the time out to serve them on that day. I
myself was brought to tears it really warms my heart to know that we were
able to be a blessing to them in that moment. It truly reminded me of the
reason why we serve each and every day it’s an honor and privilege to serve
and be a part of the community service division the lives that we impact
 and the difference that we make truly reflect the words of our president
when she states this so well by saying “in spite of the fact  that we may
have lost our sight we will never lose our vision”.