[Community-service] CALLING ALL GIFTS AND TALENTS TO STEP UP AND SERVE!

Jeanetta price price.jeanetta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:02:03 UTC 2019

Do you love sharing your gifts and talents? Will, I do too! This is
one way I volunteer in my community by reciting poetry at different
events. I am grateful for the gift God bless me with of spoken word in
which has helped me and others overcome some life challenges. One easy
way to get involved in community service is doing something you love
with love. “Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You
don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make
your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of
grace. A soul generated by love.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

MLK DAY OF SERVICE REFLECTION
I was thrilled to serve by way of sharing my gift of spoken word in
celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at Memorial Church of God in
Christ District MLK Youth Program entitled, “What is freedom to you?”
“Are you really free?” I witness the youth display their talents in
various forms that included mime, praise dance, drawings, skits,
speeches and poetry all in honor of MLK. The performances were
astounding! I was fascinated by their freedom of expression and
creativity. The excitement filled the room with cheers and praise.
Each child was definitely a shining star and I was elated that I was
chosen to serve on this program with such exceptional youth that love
God.
Before I recited my poem, I encouraged the youth to continue to share
their gifts with others. In addition, I expressed my gratitude of
being selected to share my gift among super stars. Also, I announced
my affiliation with the federation and provided NFB literature.
By volunteering, I was able to spread awareness about the federation
and shed light to the audience that is life after blindness. Many
people asked for my contact information and I was able to go more in
depth about the resources for the blind and notable benefits one gains
by being connected with the federation.

Keep Serving and Keep Smiling! #priceless
Yours truly,
Miss Price