[Community-Service] OMG! Challenge Accepted Again!! Big Texas Shout Out to Miranda!

DEREK RIDDLE driddle99 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 15:10:23 UTC 2020

👌🏿Right on

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 9:33 AM, Jeanetta price via Community-Service<community-service at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Miranda’s Reflection

As an Area Representative, my role is to support international high school students coming to the United States to study as part of a Department of State-sponsored intercultural exchange program. From students’ arrival to their departure, I support them via monthly communication with them and their host families, responding to questions and concerns, resolving conflicts, and aiding to set healthy expectations, and the like. I conduct one face-to-face meeting per semester, and the remainder of my communication is done via phone or email. I am the first line of contact for the students and host families I am assigned in my local community. This opportunity has allowed me to engage in intercultural exchange, sharing my own education and experience while simultaneously learning from my students and families as well. During the Covid-19 pandemic, my students’ exchange year has been significantly affected. We have all needed to remain flexible, as changes were ever-present related to program and travel logistics.

Community-Service mailing list
Community-Service at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Community-Service:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/community-service_nfbnet.org/driddle99%40yahoo.com