[Community-Service] Filled with hope, energy and love.

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:13:50 UTC 2020

 Family,
  I am sure that by now many of if not all of us have received and read the open letter to the federation that was written by our president, Mark Riccobono
  I was moved by what was said and so very proud  that I am a member of an organization lead by a president that cares as deeply as he does about each of us..
 President Riccobono  has said so much that I don’t know what more can be said now.  But I will say that one thing that we should keep in mind, particularly with the scope of our division’s work is  to value each person in our division,  each person's prospectives and ideas no matter if we agree or disagree.
That diversity of thought as well as diversity of  characteristic and identity  makes service special and  membership in the national federation of the blind so rewarding, no matter how you contribute  to it.
 I am so glad to be a part of an organization which appreciates,  values, and honors the individuals, their  experiences, talents and contributions as we do in the National Federation of the Blind.
 I more than ever am filled with hope, energy and love by my participation in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind.  Where my expectations are raised, my voice is heard, my contributions make a difference to myself and to others and only together we will make a better tomorrow for each other.
 If anyone  would like to talk through what they’ve been feeling, please feel free to email off-list.
 dsmithnfb at gmail.com
  Much love,
  Darian