[Community-Service] Our Halloween Night of Chills and Thrills

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Nov 1 00:49:43 UTC 2020

Good evening everyone.

We want to thank you for coming to our Halloween Time Machine. We had a
Wonderful time.

I would like to Thank Macy at the control panel. Macy, Great job tonight.
You were able to spin the records!

For those of you who were unable to attend, or would like to here these
shows again, You have a Front Row Seat.

Not only will you be able to listen to the shows we presented tonight, we
have some Lucky Strike Extras for you! So keep reading!

Here's the line-up.

Suspense "The House in Cypress Canyon"

As originally broadcast over CBS on December fifth, 1946.

"The House in Cypress Canyon" is an episode of Suspense written by Robert L.
Richards and both produced and directed by William Spier. This episode is
one of the most terrifying programs ever broadcast. It was originally
broadcast on December 5, 1946. The radio play is a Christmas broadcast of
sorts, but it will bring you no Christmas cheer. In the story it's a few
days before Christmas, and James (Robert Taylor) and Ellen (Cathy Lewis),
married seven years and recently relocated to California for the husband's
engineering job, move into a hastily-finished rental house in a development
that was started before the war. Dusty furniture and creaky hinges seem to
be the only problems with the place at first glance, but the very night they
move in the two hear inhuman cries in the night and find blood oozing out
from under a closet door they can't open. The drama only escalates from
there. With an incredibly effective use of sound effects and score, this
program builds to a blood-curdling Christmas Eve climax.

Here are the links for the program. If one link doesn't work then you can
try the other.

Suspense 1946-12-05 The House in Cypress Canyon.mp3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/065zt1i2ufuj2kj/Suspense%201946-12-05%20The%20Hous
e%20in%20Cypress%20Canyon.mp3?dl=0

or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/065zt1i2ufuj2kj/Suspense%201946-12-05%20The%20Hous
e%20in%20Cypress%20Canyon.mp3?dl=1

Next is

"Escape Three Skeleton Key"  (Starring Vincent Price).

Tonight we escape to a lonely lighthouse off the steaming jungle coast of
French Guyana, and a nightmare world of terror and violence.

Escape 1950-03-17 Three Skeleton Key (Vincent Price).mp3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7a1crfwc9qquxk0/Escape%201950-03-17%20Three%20Skel
eton%20Key%20%28Vincent%20Price%29.mp3?dl=0

or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7a1crfwc9qquxk0/Escape%201950-03-17%20Three%20Skel
eton%20Key%20%28Vincent%20Price%29.mp3?dl=1

The Wailing Wall, as originally broadcast on Nov 6, 1945 on Inner Sanctum.

This program features a well-known star of horror movies of that time,,
Boris Karloff.

So turn down the lights, and turn Up your imagination for,

The Wailing Wall!

Here's the links to listen or download. If one link doesn't work you can try
the other.

Listen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5xcf9os0tbogqk/Inner%20Sanctum%20%2045-11-06%20Th
e%20Wailing%20Wall.mp3?dl=0

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5xcf9os0tbogqk/Inner%20Sanctum%20%2045-11-06%20Th
e%20Wailing%20Wall.mp3?dl=1

Next, Are you ready to take a drive with a crazy woman on the loose?

Well, ready or not, I'll take you on a ride you'll Never forget.

Here's more on this drive we will take together.

"On a Country Road" is regarded as one of the classic tales of Suspense
because it embodies all of the things at which the radio program excelled.

So now, ignore the traffic, the rain, the nearly empty gas tank, as well as
those news bulletins about the escaped crazy woman on the loose, and come
take a drive down a lonely side road.

Fasten your seatbelts, Let's hop in the car and for a drive On a Country
Road on:

Suspense! From Nov 16, 1950.

Here's the links

Listen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubwpfu401jab63f/Suspense%201950_11_16%20On%20A%20C
ountry%20Road.mp3?dl=0

or download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubwpfu401jab63f/Suspense%201950_11_16%20On%20A%20C
ountry%20Road.mp3?dl=1

Next we present:

Murder at Midnight.

The Kabala.

A rambling house on the outskirts of a small university town and in the
house a room that seems more like the cell of a medieval alchemist than the
study of a college professor.

Listen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y38d35krant52um/Murder%20at%20Midnight%20The%20Kab
ala.mp3?dl=0

or download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y38d35krant52um/Murder%20at%20Midnight%20The%20Kab
ala.mp3?dl=1

Last, But Not Least:

Suspense,

Ghost Hunt.

In this story about a stunt that goes wrong, radio personality Smiley Smith
and paranormal investigator, Dr. Reed tour a haunted house in Malibu,
California. Their experiences are recorded for playback on Smith's show. The
house, known as "The Death Trap," has a bad reputation because four of its
residents have committed suicide.

Listen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bwxokinbwpgw8k/Suspense%201949-06-23%20Ghost%20Hu
nt.mp3?dl=0

or download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bwxokinbwpgw8k/Suspense%201949-06-23%20Ghost%20Hu
nt.mp3?dl=1

I'll leave these links up through Nov 3.

Once again, Thank you to those who were able to make it tonight.

Starting near Thanksgiving, we would like to  present a Charming Christmas
series for the Young, and Young at Heart.

Hope to see you all then.

So enjoy these spooky stories. I'll leave them up through Nov. 3.

Happy Halloween.

Michael