[Community-Service] Flashback Friday!

Jeanetta price price.jeanetta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:58:12 UTC 2020

Welcome to Sunday’s Best at her best! Sing 🎶 🎵 with me!
“This little light of mines, I’m going to let it shine!”
SERVICE SPOTLIGHT Lashawna Fant is at it again!
“IDO” COMMUNITY SERVICE CHALLENGE

DP: L. Fant walking away from the hospital information desk with a broad smile on her face.

Lashawna’s Reflection
In honor of the 2019 National Nurses Week I visited a local hospital in Jackson, Mississippi.  While there I took snacks and a note of encouragement for the nurses on the first floor.  Two nurses at the hospital stopped me and expressed their gratitude as I was leaving.  I have a special affection for visiting nursing homes and hospitals.  As a child, my siblings and I were often at healthcare facilities because our mother has worked in this field our entire life.  I have a passion for visiting with the patients and encouraging the staff.  This community service project reminded me of my passion for service and provoked a surplus of gratitude towards my mother for showing us the importance of caring.

In the words of Maya Angelou
“When you learn, teach, when you get, give.”
Lashawna keep giving out of love because it is a set up for an overflow of blessings. Thank you for sharing your service.

Many blessings,
Jeanetta Price
President NFB Community Service Division