[Community-Service] “Get your popcorn ready, ’cause Stacie Leap is going to put on a show!”

Jeanetta price price.jeanetta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 23:05:36 UTC 2021

Let’s get it popping!

Reflections by Stacie

NFB-PA Legislative Committee
I am assisting the Legislative Director in forming the advocacy liaison training for prospective members. Also, I facilitated an online training via Zoom concerning Clubhouse to those who needed help with the app.
Teaching others how to use social media so they can gain knowledge, I felt encouraged to continue the training series.

Keep popping!

National Association of Blind Students Outreach and Fundraising Committee
We meet monthly and brainstorm ideas on outreach and fundraising. In the outreach committee, we think of topics for our monthly blog and podcast. In the fundraising committee, we finalized our cookbook and t-shirt ideas for fundraising. We also discussed the walkathon event for national convention. Serving in this comity taught me what goes into a fundraising idea and how to better outreach to other blind students.

A POP STAR Never Stop!

I am an board member of the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania's Keystone Chapter.
I serve on the planning committee for our annual health and wellness conference. We do this conference annually to inform the public about mental health issues as well as connect others who might be experiencing mental health challenges. We provide resource and connections so they can live an optimal quality of life.

Oh my! Stacie keeps going and going and going!

Southeast Regional Community Support Program
I attended the advocacy committee as a member in the beginning portion and then went to the public meeting and assisted in marketing and social media in order to provide resources to the entire Southeast Region of PA. I enjoy connecting with the other members from the other surrounding counties.

And going…

Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disabilities Services
Attended the Women and Girls of Colors workgroup with the City of Philadelphia. Our focus is on how to better include women and girls of color into the department as well as services.

Stop 🛑 Find your passion and help others live the life they want.

That’s all folks! Back to The Leap Show!

Blind Table Talk
I share experiences as a blind parent. I want blind parents to know about available resources as well as
connect with other blind parents do that we can serve as a support system to one another.

The end is the new beginning. Now it is your turn to POP with a smile all while serving your community.
Remember:
All it take is a LEAP of faith!
#StrongerTogether #NFB21