[Community-Service] Words of Comfort & Threads of Warmth

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 14:35:46 UTC 2021

Every year the National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division
participates in a community service project during the exciting days of our
national convention.  Our 2021 partnership will benefit Ronald McDonald
House Charities Maryland.  This is a home away from home for seriously ill
children and their families.  There are two activities we are taking part
in for our community service project.

One. We are writing notes of encouragement to the families and children
staying at the Ronald McDonald House.  Please refrain from any religious
messaging.  If you braille your letters, please include a companion print
copy.  Additionally, please contact LaShawna Fant using the following email
address if you need your letter transcribed and printed:

fantl at bellsouth.net

Second. We are providing comfort to the families and children by collecting
NEW blankets.  These cozy and warm throws should be child safe and new.

We will start the process of collecting these letters and blankets on May
1st, 2021 and the deadline for receiving items is June 4th, 2021.  All
letters and blankets should be mailed to:

Jeanetta Price

P.O. Box 5613

Beaumont, Texas 77726

If you have any questions, you can also contact Jeanetta Price at:

Email: price.jeanetta at gmail.com

Phone: 409-344-1005

Thanks in advance for what you will do to help bring smiles, hope,
encouraging words, and warmth to Ronald McDonald House Charities Maryland!

Live The Life You Want!

National federation of the Blind

Community Service Division

www.nfb.org

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/

"I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the National
Federation of The Blind because my expectations are raised, my
contributions make a difference to me and to others, and I can celebrate
the realization of my dreams with my Federation family”