[Community-Service] The Impact of War

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Mon May 31 15:47:53 UTC 2021

*Today*, we remember the brave men and women who made

the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country. Presidents, politicians,
public figures and foreign dignitaries will lay wreaths on thousands of
tombs of the Unknown soldiers in Arlington National Cemetery. As we
remember and honor our heroes, we want to count our blessings and stand
proud of our service members. We have freedom because of courageous
individuals like Lee Martin Senior of Indiana. After serving in the Vietnam
war, he attended Indiana State University

where he took business courses and went into management. His experience and
work ethics led him to pursue other opportunities in Indianapolis, Indiana
where he resides today. He worked for Daimler Chrysler for seven years as a
Foundry Technician and Safety Coordinator prior to losing his eyesight.
Lee lost his sight to a condition called sclerotic. His condition, however,
did not stop him from continuing his efforts to fight for the rights of
others. His federal lawsuit was featured in The Indianapolis Star
newspaper, Braille Monitor as well as the Indiana Business Journal for
employment discrimination. He continues his activism doing presentations
around the state of Indiana to the general public and to the blind
community to engage, encourage and inspire Indiana citizens to pursue their
inalienable rights.  As president of the Circle City Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind, Lee and his chapter brings awareness to
the urban community with outreach initiatives with, churches, community
centers, summer youth camps, support groups, Town Hall meetings etc.

Lee Martin Senior is an admirable leader not only in the blind

community, but in the community at-large. A true inspiration of

resilience despite the unforeseen circumstances he was faced with. His
philosophy is that “this is a gift of blindness” that was given to do

the work God intended. We are honored to call Lee Martin Senior an American
veteran and have been blessed by his invaluable contribution to the blind
community.

This Memorial Day, we invite you to take a moment of silence *at 3:00*

pm EDT as we remember those who courageously gave their lives.

LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!

National Federation of the Blind

Community Service Division

Community Service Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/communityservicedivision/>

"I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the National
Federation of The Blind because my expectations are raised, my
contributions make a difference to me and to others, and I can celebrate
the realization of my dreams with my Federation family”