[Community-Service] Blindness Equality Achievement Month @ CSD: Meet a Willing Worker - Bryant Patton

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:23:17 UTC 2021

*Welcome to Blind Equality Achievement Month!*

*During t*his wondrous autumn month of October, the Community Service
Division of the National Federation of the Blind will highlight countless
hard-working and stupendous volunteers within our division. This includes
our board members, our Willing Workers Committee members, and so much more!

We tip our hats and thank each of them for their dedication, enthusiasm,
and perseverance in providing services to others! We recognize your
diligence and appreciate you so hard!

If you wish to be a part of our wonderful Community Service Division
family, please contact our extraordinary President, Jeanetta Price at
409-344-1005.

Also, do not forget to Like Us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/communityservicedivision

*Meet a Willing Worker!*

*Bryant Patton from East Orange, New Jersey *

My name is Bryant and I’m on fire about giving back to my community!

I want to give a little background on myself. I am a proud father of four
beautiful children: I raised three girls and one boy. I am also a proud
grandfather of six wonderful grandchildren. I am a huge football fan!  My
favorite team is the New York Giants and I will be happy to discuss their
excellence with anybody! I have a thirst for knowledge and am always
willing to learn. My independence is important to me and I set goals to
achieve that very thing.

In 2016, I became visually impaired because of diabetes and high blood
pressure. If that was not enough, I also had to have my right kidney
removed and start dialysis treatments. For some, that may have slowed them
down or discouraged them. Not me! I run two different groups; the Outsiders
and Men Moving Forward. I utilize different tools to bring awareness, raise
funds, provide support, and consistently work on expanding our network. My
love for service is so deeply rooted within me, I am always eager to get up
and show love and support to my neighbors and local communities.

Don’t wait! Get involved! My email is: bryantcp1967 at gmail.com