[Community-Service] Meet a Willing Worker: Robert Skillon - Blindness Equality Achievement Month @ CSD! Day 03

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 14:00:42 UTC 2021

*Happy Blindness Equality Achievement Month!*

IT’S THE THIRD DAY!!

#BEAM

It’s no coincidence that the characteristic of strength is reflective
throughout his supported causes and his personal interests. Our rich
Community Service flavor is made possible because of individuals like,
Robert Skillon from Tupelo Mississippi!

“Hello hello hello! This is Robert. I am a member of the Community Service
Division, which is why you see my bio on here, lol. I am also a part of the
lion’s Club. My giving spirit does not end there! I am also an active
member of the Cibitan club.

If you've never heard of Civitan, they are the only service organization
dedicated to serving people with intellectual and developmental
disabilities (I/DD). This long-standing focus began as a local project in
Baltimore in the 1940s when Civitan began funding specialized teachers in
schools. They didn’t want to stop there! In 1956, Civitan membership
unanimously adopted service to I/DD as the major project focus of the
international organization. Because of clubs like ours, Civitan now
supports the Civitan International Research Center in Birmingham, Alabama
where more than 100 researchers work on diseases that impact the lives of 1
in 6 people worldwide.

With all this in my tool-belt, you are probably wondering "What exactly
does he do for fun? Does he even have time to breathe?" Short answer,
YES!!! I am the Dallas, cowboys and the Los Angeles, Laker's number one
biggest fan. Being able to laugh and making the most out of life is another
passion of mine! I love all kinds of entertainment.  Music, movies, tv
shows, sports, books, you name it and I'll give it a try.
               It’s a touchdown! Join the division today!

If you wish to be a part of our wonderful Community Service Division
family, please contact our extraordinary President, Jeanetta Price at
409-344-1005.

Also, do not forget to Like Us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/communityservicedivision