[Community-Service] Meet a Willing Worker: Talana Cheree’ Townsend - Blind Equality Achievement Month Day 28 @ CSD!

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:38:09 UTC 2021

*Welcome to blind Equality Achievement Month! *

What can you find in Texas? A beautiful, one-of-a-kind Queen!! We celebrate
our next Willing Worker on the 28th day! Introducing, Talana Cheree’
Townsend from Houston, Texas!

[image: 28. Talana.jpg]
Photo Description: The queen Talana Sitting on a park bench in Houston,
smiling with long flowing hair wearing a purple flowing long maxi dress
with silver accessories, legs crossed add the knee wearing silver ankle
strapped open toe high heel shoes.

I am a proud Sagittarian woman, who was introduced to this world on the
great day of December 4, 1980. I possessed zeal, intelligence charisma,
Energy, and Beauty. Some may say that I might be a little sassy, walk with
confidence, and speak with authority, but it it’s all done in LOVE. I enjoy
listening to music, shopping, cooking, and lending a listening ear at all
times. As well as, being a positive motivation to others by empowering and
encouraging with words and participating in service to others by bringing a
Ray of sunshine in their lives! Realizing that I have been a part of
community service all my life, I have grown to love and enjoy helping and
assisting others through service. Service starts on the inside, and that
starts with in your heart.

As time proceeded forward and I begin to blossom into a butterfly, I joined
organizations where I could be of service. The organizations that I am
affiliated with that do community service are: Nefertiti #17 (Order of the
Eastern Star) (2002), WIA (Women in Action Ministry) (2005), VIA (Visual
Impaired Advocates) (2015), NFB (Houston) (2019), ACB (Houston) (2018),
STDA (South Texas District Association) (2008), and NFB Community service
division (2020). Some of the things I have participated in included serving
the community during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, adopting
elementary schools to build back up their libraries for the children of
today, disaster relief efforts and assistance, serving with the Ronald
McDonald house organization, helping add women with children and men
shelters. As well as visiting hospitals, nursing homes, and the sick and
shut in in their own permanent residence offering spiritual uplifting
through song, prayer, and words of encouragement. While being a part of
these several organizations I have experienced serving in a capacity which
is much needed.

Being a part of the Willing Workers Committee has gained me a new found
family and friends, that participate in a movement for a unified cause.

I Will continue to serve with passion, zeal, enlightenment, and joy. I
serve because I am eager to be a motivation and dedication to others who
are in need of any type of assistance. Serving the community through
community service is something that I desire and love to do. So, my motto
is to help anyone that needs my assistance if I can do so. Shining some
light in someone’s dark world, brings happiness and joy to my soul!!!

Y’all, her impeccable spirit is bigger than Texas!

#BEAM