[Community-Service] Double the Treat: Meet Two Willing Workers: Libra Robinson and Greg Hughes - Blind Equality Achievement Month Day 29 @ CSD!

Adrienne Nelson nelsonadrienne2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:41:01 UTC 2021

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 10:08 AM Stacie Leap via Community-Service <
community-service at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> [...]
> Community Service Division projects I have been a part of collectively with
> other members of the board and chapter members. I am also the owner and the
> CEO Of Nsight VIP Services for the Blind and Visually impaired. As an
> independent contractor, I work with different organizations in the District
> of Columbia and Maryland area, to provide Jaws 101 training, as well as,
> provide my own Smartphone Bootcamp.
>
> Recently, Ms. Jeanetta Price asked if I would be willing to take part in a
> campaign in which business owners or people who had a particular skill,
> would volunteer their time. I said yes, and I am so glad that I did! For
> the last few weeks, I have been teaching two fantastic ladies, one from
> Delaware and the other from Georgia to use their Smartphones. It has been a
> very rewarding experience and they have come so far with using their Apple
> devices. They now realize you can do more than answer and use Siri to
> conduct tasks on their phones. It is so wonderful to hear the excitement in
> their voices when they learn a new skill. And, the best part, we all are in
> different states! I have found new friends I would have never known if not
> for this volunteer opportunity! So, Cheers to Jeanetta for all she does and
> letting us know that we can all be of service in our own way. Thank you
>  CSD!
>

> No no Miss Libra! Thank you for serving!  And inspiring us to follow in
> your footsteps!
>

> He may not say much, but gives his all! Meet a Willing Worker, Greg Hughes
> from Beaumont, Texas!
>

> Greg is a retired computer technician. He retired in December 2018 after
> working as a computer technician in a refinery for over 20 years.  from
> Beaumont, he moved to Houston to pursue his educational goal. He received
> his Associates in Computer Science at MTI which is based in Houston, Texas.
>
> After receiving his Associates degree, he became an instructor for his
> Alma Mater for 8 years.
>
> He became visually impaired because of glaucoma which he was diagnosed
> about 25 years ago.  By the time of his diagnosis, his left eye had about
> 15% vision left.  His twin brother also has glaucoma and they supported
> each other along the way. His brother connected him with the NFB and he
> started becoming more involved with the local Beaumont chapter and
> eventually found his way to the Community Service Division as a Willing
> Worker. He has spent countless time, energy, and care into helping others.
> He has donated to many great causes and helped many along the way.  He has
> given to countless charities and nonprofit organization including the
> Ronald McDonald House, the Community Service Division, and much more.
>
> Right now, Greg is focusing on increasing his independence. He is
> receiving orientation and mobility training and hope to increase his
> computer skills with the learning of JAWS and Voiceover.
> He has a quiet voice, speaking loud in service!

💕🙌 Miss Libra ,you are one of the several superwoman that inspires me and
not only do I have new friends but I have another amazing mentor who is
pouring into my life that encourages me to be stronger, better and
independent.
Thank you beautiful 🌺 flower

Mr. Greg they say a man’s actions speaks louder than words and your actions
rings loud with a humble jazzy classic melody. Also Mr. Greg, we can follow
your treasure and know the directions and the destination of your “golden
heart “.
Many amazing and overcoming blessings to you and your brother for y’all got
the VICTORY!!!!!👍👍