[Community-Service] Sabrina Simmons

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Thu May 5 23:12:54 UTC 2022

Hi All,

The 3rd podcast from the below wonderful event is now posted on the National
Federation of the Blind of South Carolina's podcast. Be sure to share this
with your friends and family! There is a direct link to the podcast further
down in this message. Be sure to subscribe to the National Federation of the
Blind of South Carolina podcast by using your favorite podcasting platform.

Diversity Equity and Inclusion of the South Carolina affiliate
Presents: Women's history month program
Entitled: still I Rise
Eureka Harrison of Virginia, Dr. Carolyn Peters of Ohio, Sabrina Simmons of
Michigan, and Libra Robinson of DC, Will be sharing their journeys and so
much more as we continue the movement of the National Federation of the
blind.

This phenomenal event took place on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 8 PM on the
Federation zoom platform

Co-chairs: Derique Simon and Christopher Crawley

https://anchor.fm/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-south-carolina/episode
s/Sabrina-Simmons-From-the-Still-I-Rise-D-E-I-Meeting-e1i4rgt

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4awrn7eddQ&t=16s> Click here to view the
National Federation of the Blind of SC 2021 PSA!

The National Federation of the Blind relies on the generosity of our
supporters to help us raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. Your
support helps us live the lives we want.

The National Federation of the Blind is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization
(EIN: 02-0259978) under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.

You can be a part of our mission to help blind people live the lives we
want. Your donations assist us with distributing free white canes, provide
children with Braille and nonvisual skills instruction, introduce blind high
school students to STEM careers, advocate for the rights of blind Americans,
provide free audio newspaper services, contribute to the development of new
technology and provide scholarships to blind students

 <https://www.nfb.org/PAC> Click here to join the PAC plan!