[Community-Service] Serving with passion

lynette eberhardt cinncityangel at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:29:04 UTC 2022

Salutations, All!

Please allow me to introduce myself to some and re-introduce myself to others. My name is Lyn Eberhardt a.k.a. ”Lyn with one ‘n’, milk chocolate skin & intriguing eyes; one the  color of rich earth, the other of cloudy  skies…“
(snap, snap, snap, snap)

I am a member of The NFB of Georgia, CSRA Chapter; the NFB Community Service Division; cofounder and co-chair of the Looking Forward Peer Support Group  (Augusta); a participant/supporter of Just Us Blind Girls (Atlanta);and one of the ‘OuttaSight’ authors of The Write 2 Heal  Anthology!

Service is an action; synonymous with assisting, doing, helping, and giving. I learned to do this from my mother, Linda G. Eberhardt. Even during the time she was laid off and we went from a two-income household down to just one, she was still assisting others with food and clothing; driving others to work;  lending a helping hand where ever she saw a need; and even gave away cars. Yes, cars! Including mine! I thought I was flossing having my truck and also a car that was paid off and she politely gave my car to my little cousin. Ha!

With that, I learned that it is better to give than receive and I enjoy being able to assist others. Right now, my passion is  helping homeless women with their feminine hygiene. Pushing the need for feminine products is something that is important so I brought it to the attention of my religious camp when going out for street teaching missions and handing out bags. When CSD served at The Covenant House in New Orleans, I made the suggestion and purchase feminine products to  give to the young ladies there. Currently, I am opening  the minds of my predominantly male support group as a community service project.

Perhaps my passion has influenced you as well. If so, items needed would be individually wrapped pads, tampons, feminine wipes, hand sanitizer,  and a few pair of new underwear for an added touch.

Thank you for reading/listening. I am  “looking forward” to serving with all of you in 2023 and beyond! Shalom,

Ms. Lynette Eberhardt

~Lyn E, Reborn

“Yah  is in the ‘Blessing Business’ & He  is making a Prophet/Profit!”