[Community-Service] Lady Q at your service!

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 22:57:23 UTC 2023

Coming all the way from Philadelphia, the home of the Philly cheesesteak
and Philadelphia soft pretzels, we want to introduce Quitrina Townes A.K.A
Lady Q. I love to serve because I like to see smiles on people’s s faces
and feel the joy in their hearts. I recently volunteered on Saturday, April
15, 2023 as a planning committee member for the John Jon Awareness Walk.
The walk will take place on Saturday, July 15, 2023. We are preparing for
the walk which is to honor people with different abilities and their
advocates.  Currently, I am assisting in gathering contacts for media
outreach. I also provide input on the logistics of the walk and its agenda.
We will be walking in a wildlife refuge park and I plan to walk as I am
also an advocate for many people.

I also volunteer daily as a member of the Words of Encouragement Committee
with the Community Service Division where I make phone calls to those who
need some words of encouragement and uplifting messages. I call about five
people a week. The people are all over the country: Atlanta, Georgia;
Houston, Texas; and back at home in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I started
volunteering for this awesome committee in January 2023. I do this to
remind people to look forward and don’t look back. I also encourage those
who are not involved with the NFB to consider joining because of the many
benefits it provides.

The mic is hot! Who’s next?!