[Community-Service] Are You Ready For POPCORN!!!!

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:08:50 UTC 2023

The NFB COMMUNITY SERVICE DIVISION is proud to announce the dates for our
next mouth-watering, flavorsome, kernelicious POPCORN FUNDRAISER! That’s
right, we’ve brought back the Double Good greatness, and our NFB CSD
Willing Workers are diligently working-hard to setup a PopTastic popcorn
store near you!

Mark your calendars to start shopping on Friday, March 3rd at 12PM, and
don’t stop until every bag has been sold by Tuesday, March 7th at 12PM EST!

We know the time is short, but these explosive flavors are popping out with
greatness! As a matter of fact, we believe your pantry is feeling empty
right now! It needs to know all about Butter Believe It, White Cheddar Go
Getter, Little Kettle That Could, and more!

Proceeds gained from this fundraiser will support the efforts of the
federation in addition to help promote the Community Service Division
projects. With that being said, get your mouse clicks and finger taps ready
because we’re going to POP RIGHT To The TOP, CSD Style!

Please contact Gloria Nathan-Cherry “The Popcorn Lady” for more information
at, (215)-971-6650.

If you listen very, very closely, you can almost hear the sizzles and
crackles of the hot oil. Double Good Gourmet has turned up the heat and is
ready for the CSD fundraiser to start cooking in service!

*WORDS FROM THE ORIGINAL*

Written by Marvin K Griffin, Senior

They say a nickname is something someone else gives to you…. Well, they
call me the popcorn king AKA Captain kernel. My real name is Marvin K
Griffin, Senior and I guess I better share with you the reason why I was
given my nicknames. I have been a full-fledged participant in the double
good popcorn fundraiser for the Community Service Division of N F B for the
last two years. I don’t mean to sound like a braggart, but I have managed
to be the top seller in both campaigns as well, having contributed over
$5500 in combined popcorn sales! now, my purpose today is not to sit here
and boast about what I’ve done, because I do believe that what was done was
accomplished as a collective by our entire group of popcorn store
fundraisers and I am very proud of the work that we all did together, I
anticipate absolute greatness going forward with the group that we have had
in addition to the new recruits that we’ve had a chance to bring on board
to our division. My purpose, today is to share my experience, and to give a
little bit of insight into why I have had the positive results from the
fundraiser. Although I don’t plan to give away all of my secrets lol, I
will give three steps that I think will be valuable tools for everyone
going forward as we continue to endeavor in raising funds for our division.
Step one no you’re focus group. I’d like to use a comparison to a garden
for the steps, and we can treat the focus group just like we would treat
the fertile soil for a garden. One of the most important things you can do
with a fertile soil is to make sure that it has the right composition.
Otherwise, you will see no harvest! And when it comes to people, one of the
things that I choose to look at is whether or not these folks are warm to
the conversation when I present what I’m doing. it’s very important to not
spend too much time with folks who give you the I don’t know; are they will
get back with me later type responses. These types of folks are the ones
who, more than likely, will not give to the fundraiser, so it’s most
important not to waste all of that precious time in that 4-day period
leaning on folks who aren’t really going to give you the results you’re
looking for. Another thing included in this first step is to make sure that
you revisit the same supporters from previous events because that is where
you create your base. to build upon from year to year. Step 2: plant the
seed.

I can remember when I first started gardening, and I planted my first
seeds, and after a few days, I expected to see sprouts, but nothing
happened. I had to reach out to one of my gardening buddies, and I
discovered that my problem was that my seed was buried too deep within the
soil, and it would never sprout at that level. Hmmm…. That’s interesting
right? The seed needed to be placed in the proper position. In this
instance, the seed for us as popcorn store fundraisers is actually our
sales pitch.! Sometimes the pitches may take 5 minutes and others may take
a few seconds believe it or not. All it takes is a little practice while
including your top selling points. Remember, the more people you talk to
actually gives you a great chance to tailor your pitch to each individual
supporter. And before you know it those sales will grow just like my
kingdom lol!

Finally step 3 water the garden!

We live in a time where information flows into our minds, phones, and on
our computers and it is super easy for a 4-day fundraiser to slip off the
radar of our supporters. The remedy for this problem is pleasant
persistence. You got to water your garden my loyal subjects! Go back and
remind those supporters who gave you a firm yes because sometimes they
simply forget. Oftentimes I send a personalized reminder text. I try to
keep these humorous too, after all we aren’t trying to twist arms, right? A
bit of wit goes a long way!

Lastly my friends, the Original popcorn king, captain kernel and whatever
other monikers I receive will mean nothing without good people to share
them, with. so, I hope what I have written in this article will help all
who join us to become kings and queens on the CSD popcorn team!! Ladies and
gents, the OPK bids you farewell, work your gardens friends and, we’ll see
you all in March!!!

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."