[Community-Service] Women Power

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Mar 8 21:36:09 UTC 2023

Happy International Women's Day!

Tomorrow night, we will celebrate Women power.

Here are a few selections to get you thinking.

Women's Rights actually started in Bible times.

Five Girls Ask for Justice

81. Five Girls Ask for Justice - YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mf2K8owzPA>

Next, here's something from Mary Poppins.

Sister Suffragette - YouTube

Sister Suffragette - YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIrmSG-Eoo>

And now, here is, Roar by Katy Perry

Roar - YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nJuUdc2qNg>

Lyrics to "Roar.

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

You held me down, but I got up (hey)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (hey)
Get ready 'cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
You're gonna hear me roar

Now I'm floatin' like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee, I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

You held me down, but I got up (hey)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (hey)
Get ready 'cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
You're gonna hear me roar

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh (you'll hear me roar)
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
You're gonna hear me roar

Roar, roar, roar, roar, roar

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh (yeah)
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
You're gonna hear me roar

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh (you'll hear me roar)
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
You're gonna hear me roar

Source:  <https://lyrics.lyricfind.com/> LyricFind

 <https://lyrics.lyricfind.com/> Songwriters: Bonnie Leigh McKee / Henry
Walter / Katy Perry / Lukasz Gottwald / Max Martin

 <https://lyrics.lyricfind.com/> Roar lyrics C Concord Music Publishing LLC,
Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., O/B/O Capasso, Warner Chappell Music, Inc

Join us!

Tomorrow,

March 9th

7:00 P.M. Eastern

6:00 P.M. Central

5:00 P.M. Mountain

4:00 P.M. Pacific

 **All participants are encouraged to review selections to ensure that the
song is available on an Amazon device. In addition, be certain that song
lyrics are respectful and honor our federation's standards.**

NFB Ohio Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851

One tap mobile +1-646-876-9923, 4081850851# US

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abdqTMSdcy

LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!

National federation of the Blind of Ohio

Community Service Division

nfbohiocs at gmail.com

www.nfbohio.org

www.facebook.com/communityservicedivision/

"I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the National
Federation of The Blind because my expectations are raised, my contributions
make a difference to me and to others, and I can celebrate the realization
of my dreams with my Federation family"