[Ctabs] Important message.

Kathryn Webster webskc13 at wfu.edu
Thu Dec 19 19:49:40 UTC 2013

Hello Fellow CTABS Members:
	I hope the winter break is treating all of you well thus far. I am emailing everyone for two reasons.
First and foremost, I want to truly apologize for not being in attendance at last night's Business Meeting. I know Justin had switched the timing from next week's usual Wednesday to this week, however with everything on my mind, it slipped and I missed the call. Again, I am so sorry and I plan on putting all future conference call times in my iPhone calendar in order to stay on track.
Secondly, I would like to give some advice to all of us. It is very difficult for me, as well as many of you I'm sure, to stay on top of when the meetings are. Since Justin and I are focused on broadening and strengthening this association, it is important for all of us to attend the meetings. I am 100% one of many who miss conference calls do to my forgetfulness and busy schedule. Regardless, we are an organization aiming to help visually impaired and blind students not only have a networking system, but also interact with other blind students, have resources available for any reason, build leadership and character, learn about the philosophy of the Federation as a whole, and many more. With that said, it is important for our members to be committed and devoted to CTABS.  It is very helpful for all board members to follow through with their specified tasks. I believe it would be very helpful for the Secretary to send out reminders on either the Monday night or Tuesday night before any call. Justin does an outstanding job of keeping us on track, however I believe it would also be more helpful if the Secretary was able to inform us of both the conference call times and the conference call minutes. I think every board member and every member in general is an intelligent, strong-minded, and independent individual. Let's please work on fulfilling our responsibilities and building this association.
Again, I am sorry for my absence last night and will surely not let that happen again.
I hope we can all prioritize and stay on track with the calls, thanks to our spectacular secretary informing us of any upcoming events.
Thanks for all of your time and dedication; and I look forward to chatting with you all soon!

Best Regards,
Kathryn C. Webster
Vice President, Connecticut Association of Blind Students