[Ctabs] June Conference Call Minutes

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster at me.com
Thu Jun 13 19:16:56 UTC 2013

Hello all!
	My sincere apologies for getting this sent out so late. I unfortunately sent the minutes to the wrong list serve. Sorry again! Please don't hesitate to ask for any clarifications.
MONTHLY CONFERENCE CALL For CTABS

Meeting called to order at 9:15 p. m.  on Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Participants: Justin Salisbury, Kathryn Webster, Trevor Attenberg, Hamit Campos, guest speaker Darian Smith, and Ayesha Ali
President Salisbury announces the start of our novel tradition of reciting The National Federation of the Blind Pledge at the beginning of each conference call:

"I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and the programs of the federation; and to abide by the Constitution."

Treasurer's Update: No change ($30 remains); awaiting for approximately $60 from the fundraising program hosted by NABS (Pennies for Pages)
Note: If anyone is interested in being apart of, or coordinating, Pennies for Pages, contact Sean Whalen at nabs.president at gmail.com

Introduction of Darian Smith: Second Vice President of the National Association of Blind Students.  Darian is joining us to enlighten Connecticut students about the NABS mentoring program.
Mentoring Program: NABS has created a system that provides first-time Convention attendees a way to interact and learn from experienced federationists who have attended convention previously.  On Monday, July 1 from 6:00-7:00 p.  m., NABS is hosting a mentor-mentee introduction for all participants.  From then on, mentees and mentors can freely communicate in order to: ask questions and get answers in order to fully embrace the NFB Convention experience; feel comfortable and secure at Convention; and gain knowledge. Mentees are matched up based upon similar interests or career goals.  NABS is in need of mentees.  (Potential mentee: Hamit Campos)
Note: On Twitter: be sure to tweet #NFB13 (shift-3 for hash-tag)
Darian Smith announces the NABS Board Members (Justin Salisbury and Darian Smith are both apart of the NABS Board)

CT advertising progress: Trevor Attenberg and Kathryn Webster will continue to follow-up on this enforcement; planning on revising and editing the fliers in order to finalize the designs

CT mentoring program: We strongly want to execute and expand this idea; contact Gabe Cazares (Potential Program Coordinator: Kathryn Webster)
PS: These notes end at 9:50 p.  m.  because I had to exit the conference.

Sincerely,
Kathryn C. Webster