[Ctabs] Senate Action on Space Available Legislation

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Tue Jun 18 04:24:05 UTC 2013

The time to act is now!

The Senate will not be considering the National Defense Authorization Act for at least the next two weeks.  Senator Tester is committed to offering S 346 as an amendment when the bill is on the floor.

We must take advantage of this time to add additional cosponsors to S 346.  The more cosponsors we have the more Senator Tester will be able to argue for floor time for this amendment.  We currently have 14 Senate cosponsors on this legislation.  We need to contact Senators Blumenthal and Murphy and urge them to support this legislation.  When we make our calls, let's mention that a bipartisan group of 166 House members, 94 Republicans-72 Democrats, were signed on in support of the House legislation when it was incorporated to the National Defense Authorization Act.  We expect Senators to show their support for disabled service men and women by adding their names as cosponsors of S 346.  Our Senators can be added to S 346 by contacting Kellin Clark in Senator Tester's office.

For your reference, here is contact information for our Senators:

Richard Blumenthal		http://www.blumenthal.senate.gov/

Connecticut Office:
90 State House Square, 10th Floor
Hartford, CT, 06103
tel (860) 258-6940
fax (860) 258-6958

Washington Office:
702 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC, 20510
tel (202) 224-2823
fax (202) 224-9673

Christopher Murphy		http://www.murphy.senate.gov/

Connecticut Office:
One Constitution Plaza, 7th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Phone: (860) 549-8463
Fax: (860) 524-5091

Washington Office:
SD-B40A Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-4041
Fax: (202) 228-9604

I have attached a fact sheet about the Space Available program.  Please let me know if you have any questions, and I will do my best to answer them.  I appreciate everybody's hard work, and I really hope we can boast the names of our Senators at the national convention.

Yours,

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
B.A. in Mathematics
Class of 2012
East Carolina University
president at alumni.ecu.edu

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."    -MARGARET MEAD