[Ctabs] [Ct-nfb] [FWD: Notice of Public Hearing - June 6, 2013 Vocational Rehabilitation State Plan and Policy Updates] -- 2 of 2

Nathanael T. Wales ntwales at omsoft.com
Wed May 8 22:46:08 UTC 2013

And, my fellow NFB of Connecticut members,

The second thing I noticed in this plan update was the language in the attachment regarding supported employment, Attachment 4.11©(4).  The third paragraph begins with: “The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will continue to distribute funds to providers and employers who can offer the long-term assurances that supports will be in place to enable people with the most significant disabilities to participate in competitive, integrated employment.”  As part of our fight for fair wages, ensuring that disabled workers are entitled to the minimum wage, should we as an organization recommend that this sentence be clarified to include along with “competitive” and “integrated” employment an explicit statement that the employment should pay at least the state minimum wage?

Nathanael Wales