[Ctabs] Another Amendment

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:25:37 UTC 2014

Dear CTABS,
   I am not a frequent contributor of this list, but as some of you know, I do  pop on from time to time to support Justin, Kathryn and the rest of my Federation family in CTABS.
   After reading about the constitutional changes being proposed today, I was honestly   very   concerned  about one of them,  particularly the part of the amendments that looked to strike the affiliation of NABS from CTABS constitutionally.
 I have been taught that we are all one movement, that  we are interdependent and interconnected. our state affiliates are part of the federation, our local chapters are  members of our affiliates and the federation and as NABS is a member of the federation, as is CTABS a member of both NABS and NFBCT.
 I believe that we, at a time of growth, expansion, transition, reflection and  collective action have  a responsibility, especially as leaders to be mindful and role models of this.
  We are a part of a great movement and what we do in  gesture and in diction says  what we as leaders truly think of each others work, heart, and commitment. I know that there is much love, hope and determination in our movement because all of you here show me this, and I thank you for that.
  Best,
   Darian.