[Ctabs] #FixWIA Wednesday

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Wed Feb 5 16:04:12 UTC 2014

Colleagues:

To help make #FixWIA Wednesday more effective, I'm sharing some of my tweets to Senators Murphy and Blumenthal, and I've also added some sample tweets distributed by Rose Sloan.

Please get LOUD on Twitter, Facebook, email, telephone, ...

We cannot let WIA go un-fixed.

@SenBlumenthal<https://twitter.com/SenRonJohnson> Please amend S 1356: strike Section 511 of Title V + remove transfer of Rehab Serv Administration (DoE to DoLabor) #FixWIA<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FixWIA&src=hash>

@ChrisMurphyCT<https://twitter.com/SenRonJohnson> Please amend S 1356: strike Section 511 of Title V + remove transfer of Rehab Serv Administration (DoE to DoLabor) #FixWIA<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FixWIA&src=hash>

Here are some sample tweets from across the country. Don't forget to tag our Senators!

Nondisabled people receive "Rehab Services" from @usedgov, so should people with disabilities. Keep RSA in the Dep. of Ed. #rehabact #FixWia

Sec. 511 puts subminimum wages of Sec 14(c) of the FLSA into the #rehabact.

#FixWIA focus on competitive integrated employment.

Shaking up #rehabact without data and research could adversely affect millions of PWDs.  #FixWIA

Sec. 511 will allow any PWD who uses voc rehab services to enter subminimum wage sheltered workshops. #FixWIA #Strike511

Thanks so much!  Together, we will #FixWIA!  If you have any questions, please reach out to me or Rose Sloan at rsloan at nfb.org<mailto:rsloan at nfb.org>.

Yours,

Justin Salisbury