[Ctabs] Read Across America Day Reminder

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Fri Feb 28 20:10:54 UTC 2014

Please note the reminder from our education team a the NFB Jernigan Institute:

Just a quick reminder that Monday is Read Across America Day! This celebration of literacy always takes place on the weekday closest to Dr. Seuss's birthday, March 2, since his writings continue to inspire children to fall in love with reading. Once again, we ask that you celebrate the day anyway you can to emphasize the important role of Braille in literacy for the blind. If your affiliate is holding a party or activity in honor of Read Across America Day, please let us know! We'd love to get photos or videos of your celebration. We're also asking that everyone send us a photo or video of someone reading Braille. We're especially eager to see people reading Braille near a famous landmark, so we can really show that Braille is being used all across the country! (Of course, we understand that in many parts of the country, those landmarks are obscured by snow!)

If you have any questions, please contact Liz Spann at espann at nfb.org<mailto:espann at nfb.org> or by phone at 410-685-5653, extension 2418.​