[Ctabs] Senator Murphy LA Contact

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sat Jan 25 21:02:50 UTC 2014

Fellow Federationists:

Please continue to write to Senator Murphy and his legislative assistant for labor, Mark Ritacco: mark_ritacco at murphy.senate.gov<mailto:mark_ritacco at murphy.senate.gov>

Keep the flood waters high!  We need to be heard, and every single call and email matters.  Mark Ritacco should hear so much about removing Section 511 of Title V that he talks about it in his sleep.

We need Senator Murphy to offer an amendment to S 1356, the Workforce Investment Act.  We need the amendment to remove Section 511 of Title V, which will reinstate sheltered employment as an employment outcome for VR clients and also remove the language transferring the Rehabilitation Services Administration from the Department of Education to the Department of Labor.  It belongs in the Department of Education!

Yours,

Justin Salisbury