[Ctabs] A Bullet Point Plan

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Fri Jun 27 05:39:00 UTC 2014

Fellow Federationists:

                I want to begin by thanking everyone who came out for the candidates forum, everyone who submitted questions, and everyone who has reached out to me to show their love and support following a great forum. I cannot forget to thank my many wonderful mentors and friends who have prepared me over the years for that big moment and all big moments to come. I am truly blessed.
                I have enjoyed talking about the number one priority of strengthening the bond between NABS leadership and NFB leadership, but I want to be sure that I do not forget to remind members of the other goals I have for the future of NABS. Here are some highlights:

-          Unifying communications: bringing all state student divisions onto Facebook, Twitter, and NFBnet.org email lists in order to make it easier for us all to do the work of the Federation together

-          Incorporating NABS in events for blind students, such as youth programs put on by the Jernigan Institute

-          Saying the NFB pledge at all NABS activities

-          Bringing back another NABS leadership seminar

-          Bringing back the NABS state presidents' conference calls on a cycle that the state presidents can decide

-          Having open regular business meetings on a cycle that the membership can decide

-          Ensuring that NFB leadership has an opportunity to be involved in everything we do

-          At every decision, evaluating the following question: Which choice will best build the National Federation of the Blind?

In case anyone here does not already have my contact information, I am sharing it in my signature below. Again, thank you to everyone who has had a hand in this process. Please vote for me, Justin Salisbury, for NABS President.

Sincerely yours,

Justin Salisbury
Board Member
National Association of Blind Students
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
Phone: 860.989.7865
Twitter: @_JSalisbury