[Ctabs] International Day of Persons with Disabilities and the Marrakesh Treaty

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Tue Dec 1 22:52:48 UTC 2015

Greetings, Fellow Federationists!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Although you still might be trying to finish off your  Thanksgiving leftovers, our work continues!

The United Nations is celebrating the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on Thursday December 3, 2015, and this will be another great opportunity to highlight the impact of the Marrakesh Treaty. Mark your calendars! Like our last day of social media engagement, we are urging all of our affiliates to tweet, but also, to call. By creating a simultaneous buzz on social media, and our targets' offices, we will convey our sense of urgency for the prompt transmission of the Marrakesh Treaty to the Senate. Under the #IDPD15 theme, "Inclusion matters: access and empowerment for people of all abilities," we will let these individuals know that we want this process to move along!

Target contacts:
John Kerry
Secretary of State
U.S. Department of State
@JohnKerry
(202) 647-9572

Cathy Novelli, (A familiar name to this campaign!)
Under Secretary and Senior Coordinator for International Information Technology Diplomacy
U.S. Department of State
@CathyNovelli
(202) 647-7575

Maria Pallante
United States Register of Copyrights and Director
Office of the Register and Associate Librarian for Copyright Services, U.S. Copyright Office, Library of Congress [LOC]
@CopyrightOffice
(202) 707-8350

When you call, let them know you are a blind American who is a supporter of the Marrakesh Treaty. Encourage them to do their part to ensure the ratification package is promptly sent to the Senate to begin the ratification process.

Sample Tweets: (Feel free to create your own, and include the hashtag #IDPD15!)
@JohnKerry, today is #IDPD15. Help move the ratification package for the #MarrakeshTreaty.

@CathyNovelli, Please help move the ratification package for the #MarrakeshTreaty. #IDPD15

@CopyrightOffice, you can make a difference. Help move the ratification package for the #Marrakesh Treaty. #IDPD15

2 years 2 long. Move the ratification package for the #MarrakeshTreaty. @JohnKerry @CathyNovelli @CopyrightOffice #IDPD15

Millions of #PWD want to read. @CopyrightOffice, you can help. Move the ratification Package for the #MarrakeshTreaty. #IDPD15

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let me know. I look forward to another exciting day of engagement for the Marrakesh Treaty on Thursday December 3.

Please reach out to me if you need anything! I am so proud to serve as our Legislative Coordinator!

Justin Salisbury