[Ctabs] Minutes 9/13/15

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 02:19:05 UTC 2015

Hey everyone!

                Below, you will find the minutes for our meeting tonight.

Thanks to everyone for coming out; and thank you very much to Mr. Wales for
joining us as our uest speaker!

Best,

Kate

CTABS Minutes 9/13/15

Called to order: 9:26 p.m.

Attendance: Justin, Kate, Edward, Nathaneal, Ivy, Pamela, Edgar, Hamit,
Michelle, Gary

Recitation of NFB Pledge

Secretary Report: Motion to hold off on Secretary's report until next month;
motion carries

Treasurer's Report: We have closed the checking and saving accounts for
CTABS, creating a restricted fund in our affiliate treasury

Guest Speaker: Nathaneal Wales, CT Treasurer and Scholarship Committee
member

Our scholarship program: Lots of applicants already, so get your application
in soon and do it well!

Most important factor is academic excellence. We look for experience in the
Federationist or motivation to add to our movement!

Leadership, service, new perspectives are key.

Range from 3,000-5,000; offers up to five winners.

Must attend the State Convention, including students events (legislative
workshop)

Please reach out to Nathaneal via email at ntwales at omsoft.com
<mailto:ntwales at omsoft.com>  if any questions arise.

Winners will be notified via telephone in mid-October. Feel free to call our
office to check on the status and completion of materials received.

Coccomo Program: quarterly grant program to help members financially when
purchasing necessary technology, professional attire, etc.

Adjournment: 10:12p.m.