[Ctabs] {Disarmed} Opportunity to participate in accessibility research

Yuhang Zhao noreply at qemailserver.com
Wed Jul 13 21:57:09 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,
Our research group at Cornell University is collaborating with Facebook to
study how to use the camera on a smartphone as an assistive tool to provide
people with visual impairment equal access to information. We are looking for
volunteers to participate in a study to help us with our work!

What the study is about:
This study is to explore the challenges and strategies that people with visual
impairments have in their daily life, as well as the potential of using the
camera on a smartphone as an assistive tool to help these people with their
living and social activities. In this study, we will ask participants to
complete an online survey. The survey will include 10 – 15 questions, asking
about the challenges and strategies they have when they are attending real-life
social activities or using social network (e.g., uploading photos.)

Participants must:

* Be at least 18 years old
* Have visual impairments or have professional experience working with people
with visual impairments
We will donate $5 for each completed survey to a non-profit organization
working with people with visual impairments.

If you are interested, please follow the link below to take the survey.

Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the survey
<https://facebook.co1.qualtrics.com/SE?Q_DL=ea0u1kxhuGcixgx_7VAvlFrGFXO9qhT_MLRP_5zQ7EvRQViO2Pzv&Q_CHL=email>

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

https://facebook.co1.qualtrics.com/SE?Q_DL=ea0u1kxhuGcixgx_7VAvlFrGFXO9qhT_MLRP_5zQ7EvRQViO2Pzv&Q_CHL=email

If you have some friends who are also interested in this study, please feel
free to forward this email or ask them to contact us. Thank you so much for
your help!

Best,
Yuhang Zhao
PhD Student
Information Science
Cornell University

Shiri Azenkot
Assistant Professor
Information Science
Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute, Cornell Tech

Follow the link to opt out of future emails:
Click here to unsubscribe
<https://facebook.co1.qualtrics.com/CP/Register.php?OptOut=true&RID=MLRP_5zQ7EvRQViO2Pzv&LID=UR_8f9k3zMSEeqGB5b&BT=ZmFjZWJvb2s&_=1>