[Ctabs] FW: DSS Mobile App Testing Group

llee at nfbct.org llee at nfbct.org
Tue Apr 6 19:03:33 UTC 2021

From: Mary Silverberg <marysilverfox at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 2:36 PM
To: Lucia Lee (llee at nfbct.org) <llee at nfbct.org>
Subject: Fwd: DSS Mobile App Testing Group

Hi Lucia,  Please pass this one along.

Thanks,   Mary

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sigman, Brian <Brian.Sigman at ct.gov <mailto:Brian.Sigman at ct.gov> >
Date: Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 2:18 PM
Subject: DSS Mobile App Testing Group
To: Sigman, Brian <Brian.Sigman at ct.gov <mailto:Brian.Sigman at ct.gov> >
Cc: Mabry, Jessie <Jessie.Mabry at ct.gov <mailto:Jessie.Mabry at ct.gov> >

Good afternoon to you all.

The CT Department of Social Services (DSS) will be launching a mobile app solution by the end of May 2021 to constituents so they can view benefits and perform some actions on their cases. The solution is being launched for certain programs in DSS only. It is a multi-phased project.  This is their first time launching a mobile solution. It will be an ongoing process as additional mobile solutions are implemented.

DSS is looking to have a focus group of individuals who are blind to provide feedback from an accessibility standpoint on colors, text to speech, user experience and user interface. This will help DSS to resolve any gaps.  They would like to start the sessions asap since they have very limited time.

On behalf of DSS, I am forwarding this request to members of the Advisory Board, SRC, DBAC and BEP Committee who are legally blind. If you are interested in joining this DSS focus group, then please email Jessie Mabry at jessie.mabry at ct.gov <mailto:jessie.mabry at ct.gov> . She is serving as our liaison with DSS to help facilitate the creation of this focus group.

Thanks,

Brian