[Ctabs] National Federation of the Blind of CT 2021 Annual State Convention Registration

llee at nfbct.org llee at nfbct.org
Fri Sep 3 19:12:38 UTC 2021

50th Annual State Convention!!

Celebrating our Past, Present & Future

          The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut will hold our
50th Annual State Convention on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, October 29, 30
and 31, 2021 at the Sheraton Hartford South, 100 Capital Boulevard, Rocky
Hill. The Sheraton Hartford South has a mask mandate for all attendees
whether vaccinated or not. Rooms will be available for Friday and Saturday
nights for a convention discounted rate of $99.00, plus tax, per night. To
reserve a room, call the Sheraton Hartford South at 860-257-6000 and mention
that you are attending the National Federation of the Blind of CT State
Convention. The deadline for reserving a room for the convention is October
6, 2021. Our Convention will also be held on Zoom for those not comfortable
meeting in person yet. The link will be on our website closer to the event.

We will kick things off Friday evening at 5:00pm with a cash bar, a Mashed
Potato Bar and a Slider Station, followed by a Variety Show organized by
At-Large President Jim Cronin.

On Saturday morning, a continental breakfast starting at 8:00am will be
followed by our general session which starts promptly at 9:00am. We will
hear from Affiliate President Maryanne Melley and our National
Representative followed by a variety of new and innovative speakers.

A boxed lunch will be served from 12pm-1:00pm. Speakers will continue and
there will be a Vendor Fair From 1:00pm-4:00pm.

Our Banquet will begin at 6:00pm. Our National Representative will address
our convention during the banquet Saturday evening. Also, we will present
Academic Scholarship Awards.

We will, of course, have our 50/50 raffle!

On Sunday morning at 8:00am, a continental breakfast will be served before
our 9:00am Annual Business Meeting. We will elect two board positions, and
the secretary position for a one-year term.

The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut acknowledges

with gratitude our convention sponsors listed below:

vandapharma.com

 <http://www.oakhillct.org> www.oakhillct.org

Youthful Images, Bloomfield, CT

Retina Consultants, PC, Manchester, CT

Registration Form

Attendees who register at the door will be charged an additional $10. Please
remember that the Sheraton Hartford South has a mask mandate whether or not
attendees are vaccinated.

Name: ______________________________________________________

Address: _____________________________________________________

Phone: ______________________________________________________

E-mail: ______________________________________________________

Indicate how many will be attending the following:

Division meetings Saturday Afternoon

_____ CT Association of Guide Dog Users; _____ CT Association of Blind
Student

_____ Full convention package, $75 per person. Includes Saturday and Sunday
breakfasts, Saturday lunch and banquet dinner.

_____ Saturday Morning Continental Breakfast, $15

_____Saturday Boxed Lunch: ____Turkey Club, $20; ____Grilled Buffalo Chicken
Caesar Wrap, $20; ____Vegetarian Southwest Wrap, $20

_____ Saturday Night Banquet: Salad Choice: ____Caesar Salad; ____Garden
Salad

          Meal Choice: ____Chicken Picatta with lemon and capers, $35; or
Pasta Primavera, $33

______Sunday morning continental Breakfast, $15

______ No, I cannot attend the 2021 state convention, but I am sending a
donation to the NFB of CT.

Registration deadline is October 15th. Send your check payable to the NFB of
CT with your registration form to:

NFB of CT, 111 Sheldon Road, Unit 420, Manchester, CT 06045