[Diabetes-talk] Questions About the Prodigy Voice ...

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Nov 16 19:32:18 UTC 2008

Eileen:

As with every meter on the market today (hype to the despite
notwithstanding), the only way you'll truly know if you haven't got
enough blood on the strip is if the readings don't make sense. Solution:
just do another test.

The other bothersome problem with the meter is that because of the
strip-ejection mechanism (which is nice at times but not truly
necessary), one must be careful to ensure that when inserting the strip,
it rests on the floor of the square-shaped groove that is on the bottom
half of the clamshell comprising the Voice's case. If you insert the
strip, always sliding it in so that it's touching the bottom of the
groove (as opposed to just shoving it into the clamshell somewhere in
the vicinity), you'll have little or no trouble.

Aside from this, the only thing you need worry about is that the strips
you are given actually say they're for the Voice on the box.

Other than that, I find the meter pretty reliable although some of the
initial meters had some quality control problems.

Mike Freeman