[Diabetes-talk] lantus solostar

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 21:14:25 UTC 2008

I use this Lantis pen.  I recently changed over to it per my  doctor.  The
reason for the change was I was using the Opticlick pen and  using 2 different
types of needles between my Lantis and Novalog pens.   total confusion for my
prescription coverage.

Now with the new pens for novalog and Lantis I only need to use 1 needle
type for both of these new pens.  I have had no trouble with the use of the
pens.  They do feel similar, but have different shape tops on both of the  pens.
I had a sighted person tell me which is which and I am careful when  using it
to replace them in unique places so I can tell them apart.

When I started off using both of them I accidentally switched them and took
the wrong insulin.  As soon as I realized there was a difference in touch  and
a possibility of mixing them up I had my dear husband help me identify   the
2 of them.

Joyce
5 Travel Deals!
(http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001)