[Diabetes-talk] question

Ed Bryant ebryant at socket.net
Mon Apr 13 19:56:44 UTC 2009

Hi Paul,

It really depends on your doctor but I would think that he or she would
check your cholesterol twice a year, your triglycerides maybe twice a year,
and your blood pressure every time you see your healthcare team. If your
blood pressure is high or erratic, you need to be cognoscente that it should
be watched closely. Your cholesterol depends on how high it is. The American
Diabetes Association, a while back, is recommending that the diabetic's
cholesterol should be lower than what is recommended for non-diabetic
patients.

Your triglycerides are fat or fatty acids which could have a detrimental
effect on your diabetes. You would probably be better off if your doctor is
an endocrinologist (one who has more training with diabetes issues). But the
doctors with the most diabetes training are called diabetologist but there
are not huge numbers of these docs are around.

Regards,
Ed Bryant