[Diabetes-talk] My cure of Type 1 Diabetes!

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 09:49:16 UTC 2009

For someone who is a kindey transplant patient as well as Ed Bryant, I want
to wish you congratulation.  I also want to say that a transplant is just a
treatment and may not last forever.  We are told as transplant patients,
that we can lose our organs if we do not take care of ourselves, I was
evaluated for the same transplant with my kidney transplant back in 05 and
they couldn't do it because I my blood work showed I was not a typical type
1 and more of a type 2.

You must stay to your meds, and you must keep your blood sugar in normal
range.   I am not curent of end stage renal disease, I just had a treatment
for it and as long as my kidney is health and I take my medications
hopefully I will never need another one. I have heard people's transplants
lasting over 25 years if I am not mistaken and Ed Bryant can correct me, he
is even at the 25 year marker or longer. But they may or may stop working.

Again, I want to congratulate you on this wonderful thing, but at the same
time, it is not a cure.  You may need another one in the future.  Transplant
are covered by Medicare and insurance but not this particular one yet.

God Bless.

Cheryl Echevarria

skype: angeldn3