[Diabetes-talk] How do you know?

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 21:39:07 UTC 2009

How do you know?

How do you know if you took your insulin today or not?  How do you  know if
you took your diabetes medication or not today?

Let me give you a little example:

You get up in the morning and the first thing you do is test your blood
sugar.  Now the phone rings or your kid comes and asks you for lunch money,
something interrupts you and you are now in a rush to eat breakfast, get
dressed  and get out the door.  You get to work and start thinking did I take my
 medicine?  You have been a diabetic for years and believe me it becomes
such a routine thing to do you do not give it much thought when you are doing
 it.  So how do you know if you took it or not?

I have had diabetes for 50 years since the age of 7 and my Mom will say to
me, “How can you forget to take your insulin?”

Let’s share some thoughts on this for all to consider.

Joyce Kane