[Diabetes-talk] insulin pens keep getting stuck

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Dec 6 19:06:42 UTC 2009

Miriam:

Are you using the disposable HumaPens? If so, there were/are two varieties;
the first was plastic and is still made but has been superseded by the
second because many found the plunger in the first hard to push down if they
had insufficient hand strength. The current model is easier to operate (as
is the cartridge-driven HumaPen Memoir) but apparently some found the clicks
to be less distinct than was the first HumaPen disposable so it's still
being made (I use it but I admit one needs to mash on the plunger a bit).

If you're using a nondisposable pen, by all means go to your pharmacist or
diabetes educator and get some tips.

Mike Freeman