[Diabetes-talk] Fw: great article

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Dec 12 20:21:46 UTC 2009

Dar:

Eating at home before going to a glutonous feast is a time-tested technique
for dealing with such situations. So I wouldn't worry.

But I don't understand your reluctance to give yourself a shot at the party.
I mean, it's not like you and Jim are having sex on the dining room table or
something! Would you feel uncomfortable taking a pill when a guest at
someone's home? I suspect not. Then why feel uncomfortable about giving
yourself a shot? After all, it's the only way at present to take insulin. So
shoot away and offer to give anyone a shot that complains about it! Yee haw!

Mike